Rev. Terry Riley

Rev. Terry Riley
Keeping the Faith in the Biblebelt

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wiccan/Pagan Youth

  After being a Wiccan Priest for nineteen years, I have noticed that there is an increase of young people coming into the Craft. In our Church we have many new people between the ages of 16 to 20. These kids are excited and looking for teachers. They like talking to me because I'm "the old man"; but what they really need is Priests and Priestesses closer to their age that would qualify as Youth Ministers. Now I know this is a big responsibly for a lot of Wiccans/Pagans. Since there aren't many Pagan Churches I know of that can have Full-Time Clergy. This would mean that these Ministers would have to be committed to working at least 2 to 3 times a week with these kids. The reason I say that is because they are at my house at least that many times a week wanting to talk, ask questions, and just hang out. Now you could say I don't have to let them come over that often; but at least if their seeking information from a Wiccan/Pagan, their not out doing drugs or running the streets getting onto trouble.
  That's why we are going to start a Wicca/Pagan Youth Center at the Southern Delta Church of Wicca - ATC. When we get our building built, which is underway now, We're going to have place where the local teens can come and hang out and get the information they're wanting and needing. I've already approached several of the kids with the idea and their all for it. So hopefully by next Summer we'll have the program in place here in Lake City, Ar.
Blessed Be!

1 comment:

  1. My almost 12 identifies as pagan. We do our best to have people around who can answer her questions, from Mama to people the age of her older sister. If we ever get a summer camp up and going, I would be thrilled to help as much as my job allows...

    ReplyDelete