Rev. Terry Riley

Rev. Terry Riley
Keeping the Faith in the Biblebelt

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2011 Reflections and Gratitude

  As I sit back and look upon this year, I have much to be thankful for. In January, I came off a year's sabbatical and jumped back in to running the Church. One of our achievements that I'm most proud of is the SDCW - ATC's, Adopt a Highway Program. This one program has gained more respect for our Faith, in the Jonesboro area, and we have gotten a lot of positive response.
  The second accomplishment I'm most proud of this year is the Publishing of my book, released in March. It is doing quite well and still selling. The day I got my first copy I just sat and stared at it for an hour. 5 years writing it and now, it was a dream come true.
  I also have the pleasure of attending 12 Festivals this year, hosting three of them. For the first time in 18 years I finally got to attend some Festivals I'd been trying to get to.
  Thirdly, membership in the Church has grown and a lot of young people are now involved and that makes my heart swell with pride.
  I'm also proud to see two more ATC affiliated Churches pop up in our area. Which tells me that Pagan Churches are very much needed and in this new era of Paganism, they are the best way to serve the larger pagan Community.
  So yes, even though I've had my share of negative situations and problems this year, For me 2011 has been a wonderful "Ride" in this life walk and I shall always remember it with cherished memories.
  I'm also thankful for all the wonderful Wiccan/Pagan folk in my life. My spiritual family, over the years, has become my strength and my foundation and I love them dearly. They are my life.
  Happy Yule and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment