Rev. Terry Riley

Rev. Terry Riley
Keeping the Faith in the Biblebelt

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Spiritual Submission

"If I do not actively engage in ritual and meditation, and worship. my Gods in Spirit and truth, I cannot very well expect to enter into higher states of awareness or prophetic levels of consciousness. If I practice to view in daily living, there shall be no personal deficiency. All there will be is Divine labor to do, and let the will of the Gods do what they must do, and I cooperate completely.
  let it be said clearly that the path is about Self-transcendence; service to others and service to the Gods. In the mist of service to others and the Gods, who has time to become self-conscious? If at any time I find myself to self-conscious, then perhaps I am to self-centered in that moment and serving my self rather than serving my Gods in that situation. I have found this always to be true."
(Gnostic Writings)

No comments:

Post a Comment